Between holiday meals, parties, and bad weather, it’s easy to fall off the healthy-living-gym wagon. While a little indulging every now and again won’t make or break your diet, you can usually tell when you’ve gone a little overboard, and after two weeks in Thailand, I certainly feel like I have…
Here are my 6 Tips to help get back on track after any holiday, especially one, where the your bodily organs may have taken more of a battering than normal!
- Hydrate! Whether you need to re-hydrate after a night with too much champagne, or you’ve just been eating a lot of sodium, drinking water will help get you back at a good starting point.
- Redefine your goals. If you’re planning to start a new workout regimen, or are just picking things back up after a slow season, now is a great time to take a look at what your goals are and reset them if needed. Look at starting back with some strength training, I recommend StrongLifes 5X5.
- Stock your fridge with healthy foods. Stock up on fruits, veg, eggs, proteins and other healthy foods you love to reduce the temptation to continue with cheat meals.
- Get moving. Maybe you’re not up for it today, but get back into your desired workout routine as quickly as possible. It’s easy to say “tomorrow,” so don’t let that happen!
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is an important part of any training regime.
- Know Which Carbs to Avoid. No more ‘bad carbs’ like white flour, refined grains, and added sugars.”